With the beginning of hockey season upon us, SportsJudge.com is pleased to announce the ten teams who will be participating in this year's Fantasy Hockey Challenge. As always, this year's Challenge will pit our SportsJudge hockey staff against media experts from throughout North America. The draft will take place tonight, September 28th leading up to the opening night of the NHL season on October 1st. We'll have a full draft recap later this week.
If you're preparing for your own fantasy hockey draft be sure to check out Manson Seto's early breakdowns for both the Eastern Conference and Western Conference teams:
Western Conference Fantasy Preview
Eastern Conference Fantasy Preview
Sleepers & Busts: Forwards
Sleepers & Busts: Defensemen
Sleepers & Busts: Goalies
Offensive Categories: Goals, Assists, Plus/Minus, Penalty Minutes, Powerplay Points, Game Winning Goals
Goaltending Cateogries: Wins, Goals Against Average, Save Percentage, Shutouts
Positions: C, C, C, C, W, W, W, W, W, W, W, D, D, D, D, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, IR, IR
Head-to-Head Format, Rosters set daily
Mike Colligan (Director of Business Development & Managing Editor)
Darren Coslov (SportsJudge Blog NHL Columnist)
Joseph Romano (COO & Editor in Chief)
Manson Seto (SportsJudge Blog NHL Columnist)
Friends of SportsJudge:
1. IllegalCurve.com (Richard Pollack) Richard is the creator and editor of the website Illegal Curve. Illegal Curve was established in 2007 and has aimed to keep hockey fans up-to-date on the goings on around the entire NHL. The site has no home team, but instead focuses on providing news from all 30 NHL cities. With a number of daily features, including the Morning Papers, Illegal Curve combines news with analysis in an attempt to keep the hockey fan satisfied on a daily basis.
2. PuckCentral.net (Declan G) Declan is the founder of PuckCentral.net, a top-notch New York Rangers blog that combines news, videos, and his own in-depth analysis of everything Rangers. He's been a Rangers fan since the age of seven and is currently a third-year law student at Seton Hall Law, just outside New York City.
3. SaucerPass.com (Brian Schrembs) Brian is a co-founder of the website SaucerPass.com. He was born and raised in Buffalo, NY and still carries a strong allegiance to the Sabres. He has over a decade of serious fantasy hockey experience under his belt and currently resides in Washington, DC. SaucerPass.com is a one-stop shop for articles on hockey strategy, team breakdowns, goaltending outlooks, and even fantasy hockey team names.
4. PuckProspectus.com (Timo Seppa) Timo writes a fantasy and sabermetric column for Puck Prospectus. In addition, several of Timo’s articles have appeared at ESPN.com, with ESPN Insider. He also writes a blog at Icehockeymetrics.com based on advanced statistics that he has developed. Timo received his BSEE from Clarkson University and his MA in English from Western Connecticut State. He completed his Ph.D coursework at Fordham.
5. InsideHockey.com (Kevin Greenstein & Alex Linsky) Kevin and Alex will be co-managing a team on behalf of InsideHockey.com. Launched in 2002, Inside Hockey is one of the foremost independent online hockey publications. The Inside Hockey Newsletter is delivered weekly to over 20,000 hockey fans, while the Inside Hockey Radio Show airs every Saturday afternoon on XM/Sirius and over the air on Montreal's "The Team 990." And this fall, InsideHockey.tv will launch, providing yet another opportunity for the company to reach hockey fans with unique, insightful content.
6. TheHockeyWriters.com (Bruce Hollingdrake) Bruce is an IT professional currently working in the field of Integrated Library Systems. He is also a traveler, writer, Father, Husband, and sportsman that happens to own a by-appointment used and rare book store as well as two thriving blogs. The Hockey Writers is a collaborative effort, bringing together over 30 skilled hockey writers from across the US and Canada. He began in January of 2009 and is securing his place amongst the leaders in hockey journalism.