I have read these "Women Against Fantasy Football" posts and the responses from Sports Judge writers. I have to go on record to say that I am not against Fantasy Football, I just think it gets taken too far and sometimes priorities get lost in the mix. But at the same time, it's important to my husband and although it's not so important to me, he is, and therefore I will make an effort. Just like I would expect my loved ones to read something I had written regardless of whether or not they had any interest in the topic...hint hint.
And now, in the spirit of Dave Letterman getting into hot water this week, here are the Top 10 ways to know if you have taken Fantasy Sports or Sports in general to an unhealthy extreme:
10. You ask for a prenuptial agreement including only sports cards or sports memorabilia...basically saying "you can have everything else just keep your hands off my baseball cards."
9. You do not leave the house for ANY reason on a Saturday afternoon, Sunday afternoon, Monday evening, Thursday evening...you get the idea..(unless you're going some place where there are multiple televisions).
8. You have an entire bathroom or den or even an entire level of your home dedicated to your favorite team.
7. Your only bookmarked sites on your computer are related to fantasy sports, and you check your Fantasy Football Website at least 5 times everyday to see if there are any updates.
6. You have your heart set on a groom's cake that is an exact replica of the Big House, or similar venue.
5. You have to check your fantasy scores on your honeymoon.
4. You have planned to either get pregnant or get your spouse pregnant so that she will deliver the baby in a month that strategically will not effect your fantasy sports teams.
3. You belong to more than 3 Fantasy leagues...so those of you that belong to 10 or more, there's a BIG problem.
2. You have planned to name your first two children ESPY (for a girl of course) and ESPN (for a boy)...yes that one came from MY spouse :)
1. You do not notice your spouse walking in front of the TV wearing nothing but a bow, other than to tell her that she's blocking your view...
If any of these sound familiar, RUN, do not walk, to the nearest jewelry store, flower shop or your spouse's favorite clothing store and buy her (or him) something to let them know they are still number one!
By: Hayley Rosner