Thursday, November 13, 2008

Extra Points: Week 11 Studs

Someone has to pay attention to my picks, right? Last week I told you to play Steve Breaston for the Cardinals and he led the team in receiving. Steve Smith the week before, and you are starting to see a trend. I'll try and do the same this week after going 7-5-2 in week 10 (35-28-20 season). No more byes, full slate of football from here on out.

Jets at Patriots
Weather looks like it is going to play a role in this game, that is why I am going with the Jets D/ST. I am still not sold on Matt Cassell, and the Jets need this win for pride. The Jets are hot, winners of their last three games and although the Patriots are 11-1 as of late versus the Jets, this isn't your father's Patriots team. (On a side note, I told you to play Leon Washington last week, I hope that his game didn't deter you from playing him this week.)

Broncos at Falcons
Oh I am giddy each and every week that Matt Ryan plays at home. I am even more giddy when the Broncos pass defense comes to town. That's why Roddy White and Michael Jenkins will certainly have a great game. I'm sure you can still make a move for Jenkins, so while the Broncos look to White, Ryan will look to Jenkins.

Eagles at Bengals
I like the Eagles, on offense, but their defense is weak at times. Meanwhile the Bengals, are the Bengals, and one guy that is holding is own is T.J. Houshmandzadeh. The guy hasn't scored a touchdown since the Bengals last played an NFC East opponent, which was back in week five. He'll find the endzone this weekend.

Bears at Packers Last week I flopped with Donald Driver, so this week I'll take Greg Jennings. We saw the Bears pass defense fall to Kerry Collins, so Aaron Rodgers should be able to do the same. That's the plan. We will see though if the Bears don't focus on the pass and let the Packers run all over them.

Texans at Colts
Thanks for showing up to play last weekend Peyton. I appreciate it and I'm sure Reggie Wayne did too, just look at his numbers. Wayne can be expected to do the same this weekend versus a weaker Texans secondary. Wayne has been limited in practice, but he will be playing on Sunday. Even on one bad leg, Wayne will get a score.

Saints at Chiefs
Something tells me to play every single Saint player this game. I don't know if Reggie Bush will be back, but Deuce McAllister will be ready. Last weekend he didn't have a lot of yards, but did have a touchdown, I think the yards definitely go up this week.

Raiders at Dolphins
This game has ugly written all over it. By ugly I mean 10-7 score. Surprisingly though, I like the Raiders chances in this game. If I'm predicting a low scoring game, then I'm taking the Raiders D/ST. Yes, a shocker, especially since it is the Raiders, but I don't trust the Dolphins, yet.

Ravens at Giants
The Giants have an excellent defense, and although Joe Flacco has been great thus far, he is bound to throw a squabbly interception this game. I'm taking the Giants D/ST to have a great game in a low scoring affair. Yes, back to back defenses, but it was just last week in which four defenses were in the top 15 in fantasy scoring.

Vikings at Buccaneers
Pop quiz, which is greater? Ike Hilliard's age or the number of receptions he has this year? The 32-year old has 33 receptions this year. Why do you care? Because in his last two games he has amassed over a quarter of those receptions. He is becoming a bigger target for Garcia, and a bigger name for deeper leagues.

Lions at Panthers
I'm sorry for you Lions fans who continue to get local blackouts and can't watch your lovely Lions. You won't be able to see Mushin Muhammad tear apart what is left of the team's defense. I recently asked a friend though who he thought was more exciting to watch, the Lions or the Titans, and he picked the Lions because of how miserable they can look at times. Is that a good enough reason to play Muhammad?

Rams at 49ers
Everyone picked him up two weeks ago, but I think after last week, everyone was dropping Donnie Avery. I hope you sweepthim up and are playing him this week. He has just two touchdowns this year, but let's be honest, they are playing the 49ers, and sure they put up a good fight on Monday, but the 49ers aren't that good.

Cardinals at Seahawks
Welcome back Matt Hasselback. I don't know if you are going to have a great game, but I'm sure Bobby Engram is happy to see you around. His numbers will suddenly get better with his old friend back.

Titans at Jaguars
So does Collins suddenly have an arm? Well he has always had one, as he is 14th on the all-time passing list. So how about you pick up one of his receivers this week? His favorite target last week was Brandon Jones, with eight receptions. Seems like a safe bet this week, too.

Chargers at Steelers
This could fall as my 'guy to watch' pick of the week. I don't like either offense particularly in this match up and can't trust Willie Parker. With the idea of Heath Miller being out, too, I'll put my eggs in the basket of TE Matt Spaeth. This season Spaeth has nine catches, six of them came last week. If he plays, he will score. Count it.

Cowboys at Redskins
Coming off a bye week the Cowboys are expected to get Tony Romo back. Thank goodness for the entire Cowboys squad, especially Romo's favorite target, Jason Witten. Witten is still nursing sore ribs, but this is a big game, coming off of Jerry Jones guaranteeing playoffs for the 'Boys. Witten gets his catches and scores.

Browns at Bills
I think the Bills would be best suited if they win this game. The division is slipping out of their grasps and the playoffs are right behind it. That is why Trent Edwards will put his team on his back and get the win on Monday night. The Browns are nothing special and I think Quinn has a rough night, thus allowing more offensive opportunities for Edwards.

(Chris Carmona is a weekly contributor, he can be read daily at www.sortsofsports.com)




Related Posts by Subject



0 comments: